A NOTE FROM THE OWNER ABOUT
The bifold doors have been around for many years and the unique design has made
Schweiss bifold Doors the leader in the market. Schweiss Bifold Doors have design
features built into the door that make the bifold door stand out in a class of its own.
Below we list some of the designs that make the bifold a good choice.
The bifold doorframes are raised open with our patented heavy-duty lift straps that are evenly located throughout the entire doorframe to provide even lifting of the doorframe. bifold doors are lifted upward with nylon lift straps rated at 29,000 lbs tensile strength. The nylon straps attach to the bottom of the doorframe at multiple locations that provide even lifting of the doorframe. These straps never bind or make noise like a cable lift door.
• Lift straps wrap around a spool to raise and lower, increasing the operating speed and make a very quiet-operating door.
• Lift strap doors DO NOT require pulleys. A very nice design. Less parts, less problems, less maintenance.
• Bifold doors have 2 sections, a top half and a bottom half that provide many design advantages.
• A two section door hangs out 1/2 the distance of other doors - putting less stresses on your building.
When a vertical folding garage opens the doorframe folds into a V or a wedge acting as a huge truss
supporting each of the 2 piece bifold door sections. The larger the wedge the less
stress it exerts onto the building structure.
Bifold doors are designed with 2 sets of hinges to share the loads of the the doorframe. Schweiss believes in strength and safety.
Our door in the open position has multiple lift points that evenly support the door. The multiple lift points are spaced evenly across the entire width of the doorframe that attaches to the building structure, carrying the door loads more evenly to the attaching points on the building resulting in less stress on the building.
Bifold doors when in the full open position have a slight slope to provide drainage to your door... The unique design is standard on all Schweiss Bifold Doors... and is the only door on the market that allows any moisture, water or snow to flow off the door section in the open position.
When a door is mounted on a side wall of the building all the roof moisture that comes off the building onto your open door must be able to flow off the door covering. This is all possible with a bifold door because of the natural slope built into the bifold door wedge.
Bifold Doors Lift Up And Out As The Door Opens
Bifold doors have a huge advantage when opening, they start by raising upward, requiring less operating space in the front of your building. The area in front of your large door opening is very valuable space, the 2 piece bifold allows more usable space in front of your door opening. Bifold doors are simply a real space saver.
• Adapts to any building large or small
• Lose no headroom
• Larger opening for less money
• Can be tightly insulated to save energy
• Our door will not bow or sag over time
• Opens electrically - easy to operate - no more tugging or pulling on those old sliding hangar doors
• Less moving parts - smooth running door - it's built to work
• Snow & Ice will not bother - seals snug & tight
• Easy & simple to install (Installation kits available)
• Our Bifold Doors will work and work and work!!
"Automatic Bifold" doors are the customers popular choice. No longer is it necessary to spend wasted time tugging and pulling on sliding hangar doors. The common complaints about regular doors are; They're too large, they're sagging, they're bowed, I can't insulate them decently, it takes two people to open them, in the winter I spend many back-breaking hours shoveling snow away to open my doors, I'm sick and tired of chipping ice away to get my sliding doors open. A very common statement is, "I love my building, but hate my sliding doors."