SCHWEISS HYDRAULIC POWER UNIT
- Operates two heavy-duty lift cylinders.
- Self-contained electric / hydraulic power unit comes
from the factory fully assembled and ready to operate.
- Each unit comes pre-wired and factory tested, complete with a 24 V.A.C. control system.
- Each power unit has an oil reservoir (4 or 8 gal.), and a direct drive motor to the hydraulic pump protected by an oil filter
(standard on all models) complete with gauges.
PLACEMENT OF THE POWER UNIT
"A great feature on the Schweiss power units"
We furnish a universal bracket on all power units which allows you to position the hydraulic power unit anywhere within your building,
keeping the inside appearance of your hangar, workshop, or warehouse clean and neat looking. It also keeps you from hearing the pump
motor run. Placement is not restricted to just by the door opening.
1. Wall mounting brackets - keeps the floor area free and clear.
2. Floor mount stand is self-contained and can be easily moved and placed.
WHAT MAKES OUR POWER UNIT STAND OUT FROM OTHER MODELS ON THE MARKET?
- The commercial grade electrical system... The electric control box!
- Pre-wired for easy installation, it also comes complete with reversing contactor and a terminal strip, providing a low voltage
interface for easy, safe installation of electric add-ons such as remote controls, photo eyes, safety edges, warning lights, horn,
and entrance lights.
- The electrical add-ons can be included at the time of purchase, or installed at a later date, because Schweiss has a COMPLETE electrical
system setup to handle all the bells and whistles.
- CAUTION: Other brand doors are wired with a switch that turns the motor on first. Then you have to activate the manual control valve to get
the door to operate either direction. And lastly, you MUST turn the motor switch OFF.
SCHWEISS DOES NOT USE A LOW END ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. ALL SCHWEISS POWER UNITS ARE READY TO WORK. THEY EVEN HAVE
THEIR OWN TEST CORD FOR EASY INSTALLATION OF YOUR DOOR. CONVENIENT FOR THE CUSTOMER INSTALLING HIS OWN DOOR.
OIL FILTER... CLEAN OIL IS IMPORTANT - LONGER PUMP LIFE
- Each pump system has a protective screen filtering system standard.
- T-Series power units come with oil filters.
DEAD MAN CONTROL STATION ONE STEP OPERATION
A simple touch of the button lets you open/close/stop your door at any height. The motor automatically stops when you take your finger off
the control station. Control station is pre-wired for low voltage.
ELECTRIC MOTOR 220 VOLT - 2 H.P. OR 5 H.P.
- We provide ample horsepower so you can stop your door at any position and change direction without losing power.
- Motor sizes are 2 H.P. - 5 H.P. Each door has its own requirements.
- Motors are factory wired with high starting torque, reversible, continuous duty, Class A insulated, and comply with NEMA MG 1. They are sized to start,
accelerate, and operate door in either direction, from any position and sized to lift your door many times for years to come.
- All electrical motors are fused and overload protected.
- We offer 220 volt single phase or 3 phase units.
ELECTRICAL HEAVY-DUTY SAFETY DISCONNECT - GREAT SAFETY FEATURE
Every door Schweiss manufactures is furnished with safety electrical disconnect. This completely disables the door for service, maintenance,
and emergency backup operations. Mount the electrical disconnect so it is accessible from floor level.
Understand the hydraulic doors and all the safety issues that are inherent with each door... If a hydraulic
hose or line ever bursts, the hydraulic system must Lock Up and STOP the door from moving!
If the hydraulic system were to experience a sudden hydraulic line rupture, there's nothing to stop the door
from coming down when using only restrictors in the cylinders! Restrictors alone, when used on the hydraulic
cylinders, do not stop/lock the door in the event of a hydraulic line failure.
Uncontrolled movement of any overhead door is never safe!
What safety feature will your hydraulic door have on it to keep the door from coming down in the event of a
hydraulic line failure?