Common Questions Asked About Lift Straps
A note from Schweiss
When our patented lift-strap system became such a popular choice with door customers, it was
only logical that the competition would come out swinging, especially if a cable system is the only
system they offer. New technology is wonderful, even in the door business.
What is the competition saying?
• Cable systems are more durable, more reliable, and safer than straps.
What do we say?
• NOT SO! In fact, our "Lift-Strap" system beats the competition on all three of those factors. However, Schweiss continues to offer cable doors should the customer want a cable system. We believe in offering the option. You see that in many other features available to our customers.
The bottom line:
• Why bother with cables? Lift-straps are faster, safer, simpler, and quieter. End of debate.
• Our lift-strap system outlifts, outlasts outsells any cable system.
• Today, 90 percent of Schweiss bifolds are ordered with lift-straps.
• Since we introduced our lift-strap package, cable systems have become hard to sell.
Why are Schweiss lift straps the best way to lift bifold doors?
• Faster -
Gear Ratio changes as the door opens.
• Safer -
29,000 lb. tensile strength for straps - compared to 7,900 lbs. for cables.
• Easier -
Install a strap, or install a cable. What a difference.
• Simpler -
Lift-straps will never tangle. They wrap on top of themselves.
Specific facts on straps:
• Straps outlast cable.
• Straps are very low maintenance.
• Straps are clean, neat looking. No abrasive strands.
• Straps will stretch with use, so we designed a simple strap tightener.
Give it one or two clicks and your strap is tight again. How simple does it get?
How do you know the straps are so reliable?
All our straps are made of polyester material that has an indefinite working life. We did vigorous in-house testing of the new lift-strap system, the equivalent of 20 plus years of conventional usage, without a single malfunction.
The polyester material we are using has remarkable strength. That is why we confidently provide a 10-year warranty on our lift-strap system. Like the 'Energizer Battery' our customers are finding lift-strap systems keep working and working and working.
Can I still get cables?
The cable lift system is still the standard but that is rapidly changing. Already 90 percent of our doors get ordered with the new lift-strap system so it is obvious customers are catching on fast and for all the right reasons... faster, safer, simpler, easier, and quieter.
Can I put straps on my existing Schweiss bifold door?
Yes, our older Bifold doors can be retrofitted with the Lift-Strap System. Yes, the Lift Strap System can work on Schweiss doors, depending upon the construction and mechanics of each particular door. However, I would not advise that it would work properly on EVERY bifold door, regardless of manufacturer. And there is no logical, or legal thought that we would endorse the use of our patented Lift-Strap System on another manufacturer's door.
We took the work out and put safety in by keeping the proper tension
On our lift-straps - It's win-win for the customer.
We have yet to sell a REPLACEMENT LIFT-STRAP! They simply last, and last and last. And that is time, labor and $$$'s saved for the door owner. The 29,000 lb. tensile strength is a tremendous safety factor. That is why the Schweiss lift-strap system has a 10-YEAR WARRANTY!
Soft Start / Soft Stop
The 'mechanics' of our lift-strap system is uniquely simple: As the strap wraps on the lift drum the door quietly opens quicker until it reaches the automatic stop position. Should you stop the door at any position, the door GENTLY comes to a stop. You get a "Soft Start" and a "Soft Stop". It doesn't get any better.