ABOUT THE HYDRAULIC DOORFRAME:
- Each Door comes prehung with frame.
- One Piece doorframe is manufactured out of 2x4 tube.
- Vertical doorframe members are 2x4 tubing
(Schweiss does not use C-Channels).
- Pre-assembled, pre-welded and delivered prehung
within its frame for ease of installation.
- Bolted frame connections for shipping, no welding,
easy to install (Schweiss does not use tec screws
for frame connections).
All Schweiss hydraulic doors are factory welded and made
of structural steel tubing. The doors are hinged horizontally
at the top of the frame using heavy-duty hinges by each
upright tube on the doorframe, which evenly distributes the load onto your
door, building, truss and header. Hinges are pre-located at the factory
to align with the building and truss members. The door swings
outward, away from the building. In the open position, the door
will be laying flat at 90°. Doors are trussed to provide extra
strength. Extra metal in the right places reduces bowing or
sagging when the door is open or closed. Each door is fully
assembled from the factory, saving you hours of installation
Heavy-duty hydraulic door trusses
All of our doors are manufactured with webbed trusses to provide extra
strength. The truss is located near the very bottom of the door.
We have two styles of trusses.
Style One - External Webbed Truss - Standard
- Placed on the outside of doorframe.
- Visible from the outside of the door/ building.
- Lose No Headroom.
- Optional: A raised external truss available.
Style Two - Internal Truss - Optional
- Placed on the inside of doorframe. Nice clean look.
- Cannot be seen from the outside of the door / building.
- Weather elements are not a problem.
- Additional headroom required with this style.
Heavy-duty hinges for hydraulic doors
Hinges are mounted on a self-supporting, pre-mounted, continuous header tube.
All hinges are self-contained on the doorframe which makes the door easy to install.
Hinge pins are 1" in diameter and are attached to 3/8" thick hinge plates.
Lift Points - 2 heavy-duty hydraulic cylinders
Hydraulic doors are opened with two hydraulic cylinders. Located on each end of
the door. Schweiss provides extra heavy-duty cylinders that will give you many
years of trouble free operation.
Hydraulic Cylinders attach to the vertical subframe members
- Hydraulic doors come with a subframe, the cylinders are attached to the vertical
subframe members on each side of the doorframe.
- The doors vertical subframe members attach to the buildings door side columns.
- Schweiss offers multiple sizes of vertical subframe members where additional strength
is required on your existing building!
Horizontal Subframe Member
- Hydraulic doors come with a subframe, the horizontal subframe member comes full width of the building's clear opening.
- Horizontal continuous tubular member - has pre-drilled bolt holes for easy installation to the stub columns or a continuous
header supplied by the building company.
- Horizontal continuous tubular members are pre-welded to the vertical subframe members that the hydraulic cylinders attach to.
- Heavy-duty hinges are pre-welded to the doorframe and horizontal continuous member for ease of installation
Walk Doors in the DoorFrame
The walk door feature saves indoor building space and keeps all openings in one location.
We build the walk doorframework into the Hydraulic Door.
We use factory aluminum or steel walk doors of your choice.
All walk doors have a keyed cylinder lock.
Also available is keying multiple doors with a master key.
We offer a 16" x 16" window within the walk door.
Also we can paint the walk door to match the building.
- Walk door - quantity / placement - your choice
- Walk door - insulated / with windows
- Walk door - keyed lockset / master keyed
- Walk door - frames only
- Walk door - safety hinges
Windows in the doorframe
We offer a single or double insulated window, fixed or sliding.
Sizes are 36" x 48".
All windows can have screens and slide open.
Many other sizes available.
Windows may be placed at any height or location.
Allows plenty of natural light into your building.
- Specialty windows are catching on fast. They really sharpen the appearance of your door and building
project. They can be made to mirror the rest of the building structure and add a neat look.
- Windows - Size, quantity, and placement is your choice.
- Windows - Insulated / screens / sliders.
- Windows - Frames only.
Metal Siding For The Hydraulic Door Exterior (Not Included)
- When installing a hydraulic door on an existing building, try to match
the door sheeting with the building sheeting or substitute other materials.
- We can provide a self-drilling tec screw with a neoprene washer to apply any type of
sheeting to your doorframe. We offer special color screws to match your sheeting.
- External door sheeting & trims.
- Wainscoat & trims.
- Many colors to choose from.
- Inside liner sheeting doors may be finished with sheeting.
- Alternate exterior siding / skins.
- Decorative door covering
- Cedar Siding
- Total Glass
- Translucent Panels
- Decorative Windows
- Custom Windows
- Decorative Siding
- Decorative Wood
- Home Siding
- Vinyl Siding
- Rock Face Material
We have a reputation for creating distinctive, custom designer style doors. With your thoughts, and our
door expertise, together we will design the ultimate door for you to exactly match the designer door of
If you can think it, we can make it. Let your imagination run wild, as we begin with the best and move
higher, exceeding every expectation.
We don't just build our doors for anyone - we build our doors for only one - You!
Inside Liner Panel - Optional
To give your door a finished look on the inside, we offer an inside
liner kit for doing only the inside bottom half or the entire inside frame.
Weather Seals for Hydraulic Doors
Bottom Rubber Seals
We furnish a 12" rubber boot that seals the bottom of your hydraulic door. The heavy
2-ply, cloth-inserted rubber seal provides excellent weatherproofing.
Note: Existing bituminous surface / concrete varies and seals should be placed accordingly.
Top Rubber Seal
This same continuous rubber seal can be used at the top of the door to
prevent the flow of moisture into the door or building.
Side Weather Seal Kit - Gives Your Door a Tight Seal
The Hydraulic Door is made weathertight. The sides of each door
are sealed off with a special weatherstripping. The entire door perimeter
can be made weathertight.
Cold Weather Package - Easy to Insulate
Styles of Insulation available:
- We design our door to accept the insulation of your choice.
- 3" or 4" blanket with white vinyl backing.
- Solid - R - board 1-1/2" thick or more.
- Spray-on urethane.
Placement of Insulation
- You can place the insulation between the doorframe and the outside sheeting.
- You can place it between the doorframe members.
- The thicker the doorframes, the more insulation you can apply, for a better R factor.