ABOUT HYDRAULIC PUMP PLACEMENT
MULTIPLE PUMP MOUNTING OPTIONS
- Under Workbench - Hydraulic power unit can be placed under a workbench or anywhere in the room.
- Wall Mount: Up or Down - mount anywhere away from the door opening or even in another room.
- Stand Alone Unit - Complete stand-alone hydraulic unit can be placed anywhere in the building.
- Up/Down/Stop Switch - Mounted near the door opening
- Electrical Control Panel - Can be mounted independently from the hydraulic pump
You have mounting options with the Schweiss Hydraulic Pump
Can be placed anywhere within the building structure
HYDRAULIC DOORS by SCHWEISS
Schweiss hydraulic doors are custom made to fit any size opening for your building. Each door is built to fit your clear opening without using up existing headroom. There is no such thing as an odd size door or a job too small. You dream it, and we make your dreams come true.
Schweiss Doors is proud of its new hydraulic doors that swing outward. Already a leader in the bifold door industry, Schweiss Doors also now offers a better hydraulic door. The door design requires zero headroom, comes pre-hung, is watertight, easy to install, easy to operate with the push of a button, easy to insulate and swings out to provide a canopy when the door is in the open position.
SIMPLE UNIQUE DESIGN
Powered by a powerful hydraulic pump, two heavy duty cylinders activate the hydraulic doorframe. Hinges across the top of the doorframe allow it to swing out and away from the building to the full open position. The hydraulic pump can be located away from the door opening to keep a clean look.
EMERGENCY BACKUP SYSTEMS
TO USE IN CASE OF POWER LOSS
3 SYSTEMS NEATLY PACKED INTO ONE UNIT
1 - BACKUP TRACTOR FITTINGS - STANDARD
2 - DC BATTERY BACK UP - 12 VOLT
3 - CORDLESS DRILL - SCREW GUN
YOUR DOOR WILL ALWAYS OPEN
"ONE WAY OR ANOTHER"
THE CHOICE IS YOURS
BACKUP TRACTOR FITTINGS - STANDARD
THE SCHWEISS RED / GREEN POWER PUMP HAS MANY BACKUP FEATURES BUILT-IN
IN CASE OF A POWER LOSS
Backup - Tractor Fittings standard on all Schweiss Red / Green Power Pumps
12 VOLT DC BATTERY BACKUP - OPTIONAL
12 Volt Electric Backup Motor
BACKUP SYSTEM FEATURES
B - 12 vold DC motor used to raise and lower the door
C - Handheld up/down control pendatn - with 10 ft cord
D - 12 vold vattery powers the DC backup motor
IN CASE OF A POWER LOSS
Its own Up/Down control pendant
12 Volt Battery powers the system
CORDLESS DRILL BACKUP - OPTIONAL
THERE'S A BACKUP WITHIN A BACKUP
GUESS WHAT - There's another backup on standby!
Grab a cordless drill and run the door up!
Scenario - 1
Let's say you go to raise your door in an emergency with the
battery backup only to find out the battery is dead . . . Now what?
Scenario - 2
Highly unlikely, but for some reason the hydraulic gear
pump motor took a puke.
Auxiliary Backup Pump
The Auxiliary pump in the tank will raise and lower the door with a handheld drill. If you arrive at your door and the battery is dead, now you have the option to use a cordless drill to open or close the door!
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
The DC motor has its own stand-alone auxiliary hydraulic pump. On the top of the DC motor is a hex-head nut - use a cordless drill to open your door!
HAS ITS OWN HYDRAULIC PUMP
When you order the Battery Backup System,
it comes with its own gear-driven auxiliary pump.
SCHWEISS ADVANTAGE HAS YOU COVERED
The Backup Systems ensure that
you can get your door open or closed under most conditions.
Cordless Drill Operation
Easy operation by any handheld drill.
(Inside the tank)
"OUR NEW WRAP-AROUND HINGE DESIGN SETS THE NEW STANDARD FOR HYDRAULIC DOORS"
Schweiss doorframes are designed with double push tubes that are tied directly into the wrap-around hinges that connect both vertical push tubes directly to the header tube. The advantage of double push tubes is that forces of hydraulic cylinders are evenly distributed to the doorframe and the wrap-around hinges.
"There have been hydraulic doors with hinge welds that
failed, literally tearing off the doorframe and destroying
the door," Schweiss says. "Our design team provided
a more durable wrap-around hinge with grease zerks
that are accessible without removing the top rubber seal."
Wrap-Around Hinge Design
Double Push Tubes Tie directly into
the hinge assembly
( Patent Pending )
THE STRONGEST HINGES ON THE MARKET!
SCHWEISS ENGINEERED A NEW ROBUST HINGE DESIGN
Robust Center Hinges
Tubular Self-Supporting Subframe and columns
Robust End Hinges
GREASE ZERKS ON ALL HINGES
EVERY DOOR HAS ITS OWN SELF-SUPPORTING SUBFRAME
Schweiss hinges distribute the door loads evenly across the
self-supporting subframe greatly reducing stress on the building structure
The Schweiss robust hinges are designed to withstand the door weights and hydraulic forces of the cylinders as the door opens.
Your door is only as good as its hinges! Take one look at the Schweiss hinges and you will clearly see the workmanship, strength and functionality of each hinge. The Schweiss hinges are bigger... stronger... heavier.
GREASE ZERKS ON EVERY DOOR
- • Schweiss hinges can be easily greased for longer hinge life.
- • Schweiss is the only manufacturer to offer hinges that can be
greased from underneath the door without removing the
top weather seal.
- • No Oilite bushings to wear thin.
REMOVABLE HINGE PINS...
- • Removable hinge pins are a better design...
- • They are never welded in solid on a Schweiss door.
- • We take no shortcuts... All hinge pins are removable.
The hinge makes the door...
The weight of the door and hydraulic forces exert loads on the hinge while the door is operating
so it had better be STRONG!
The unique hinge design incorporates heavy hinge plates that wrap around each vertical push tube for added rigidity. Without this wrap-around design, the doorframe members can be overstressed and begin to tear apart from door weight and hydraulic forces over time. This won’t happen with a Schweiss Door!
Hydraulic doors operate with one set of top hinges. These hinges need to be strong enough to support the door weight and the hydraulic cylinder forces when opening; unlike a bifold door that shares the load between the top hinges and the center hinges.
WHAT DOOR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING...
• "The hinges sold me."
• "The Schweiss team hit a home run by putting grease zerks in their hinges."
• "Now that's a Serious Hinge, You guys have it figured out!"
• "Oh my, nothing comes close to it. Professionally done!"
• "Nothing on the market will even come close to the Schweiss hinge design."
- • Welded in solid
- • Lighter weight
- • Impossible to grease
- • Oilite Bushings wear thin over time
WELDED HINGE PINS
- • Non removable
- • Difficult to maintiain / repair
FLAT HINGES DESIGN
- • Light gauge hinge
- • Smaller hinge pins
- • Surface welded weak connection
- • Grease zerks are hard to get to
GREASELESS HINGES ARE NOT A SOLUTION . . . JUST A SHORT CUT!
THIS STYLE HINGE HAS BEEN TRIED BEFORE . . . AND DIDN'T HOLD UP!
YOU USUALLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
GETTING THE CHEAPEST DOOR ON THE MARKET ONLY GIVES YOU A "CHEAP" DOOR!
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIGHT WEIGHT HINGE DESIGNS BELOW
COMPARE THEM FOR YOURSELF... YOU'LL SEE THE DIFFERENCE
IT TAKES LARGE CYLINDERS TO OPEN A LARGE DOOR
STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, FUNCTIONAL
• DOUBLE PUSH TUBES FOR ADDED STRENGTH
• SELF-SUPPORTING SUBFRAME ON EVERY DOOR
GAIN HEADROOM . . . FAST MOVING . . .EASY TO INSTALL
LARGER CYLINDERS WITH
"No one else in the industry offers this unique feature" only available on Schweiss Doors. . .
Hydraulic doors are large in size and just like an airplane wing, the doorframe flexes during operation. The hydraulic cylinders on each side of the doorway are connected to the doorframe and the building using spherical bearings. The spherical bearings accommodate the flexibility of the doorframe while at the same time allowing the cylinders to raise and lower the door without binding on the hydraulic cylinder pins and brackets. Spherical Bearings on both ends of the cylinder allow the cylinders to stay straight through the full range of motion.
STRONG WORDS FROM OUR CUSTOMER
"Soon as I saw and understood the spherical bearings design it was a no brainer.
I was immediately SOLD on the Schweiss Hydraulic Door !"
Allows for Flexing
Allows for Flexing
DOORS ARE ALWAYS MOVING AND FLEXING
Spherical bearings reduce stress and wear on the cylinders, cylinders pins and clevises during operation
Pins have even
forces on them
when the door
is in any position
plate is mounted to
ALL-STEEL DOORFRAMES ARE BETTER!
Schweiss Uses All-Steel Members
Strong Welded Connections... The Best
Internal Truss on this door External Truss is available
SCHWEISS NEVER USES WOOD ON THEIR HYDRAULIC DOORFRAMES
WHY WOULD ANYONE USE WOOD ON A MOVING DOORFRAME ?
Did you buy an all-steel door? Did you expect to get wood on your steel door? Substituting wood in place of steel doesn't add structural value to the doorframe. It makes for a poor connection and weaker door frame assembly. Wood may shrink over time and may split. Tec screws used to fasten wood to the doorframe may wiggle loose over time weakening the connection.
NO DOOR TOO SMALL...
NO JOB TOO BIG!
LIGHTS INSTALLED ON THE DOOR
WHAT DO YOU GET WITH A SCHWEISS HYDRAULIC DOOR?
1 - HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS
- Spherical bearings, an industry first!
- Bigger cylinders.
- Adjustable teardrop plate to ensure a
proper fit every time.
2 - HYDRAULIC FRAME
- Each door comes pre-hung with frame.
- Pre-assembled, pre-welded and delivered pre-hung within its frame for ease of installation.
- Bolted frame connections for shipping, no welding, easy to install.
- Best hydraulic pump on the market.
- All-Steel doorframe! No wood!
- Quieter, smoother operation.
- Multiple pump mounting options.
- Bigger, better hydraulic cylinders with spherical bearings.
- Built-in backup systems.
- Remote door control available.
- Easier to install.
COMPACT HYDRAULIC POWER UNIT
Schweiss now offers both
RED and GREEN Hydraulic Pump
and Cylinder Paint Colors
ALL IN ONE
COMPLETE POWER UNIT
- ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS
- BACKUP TRACTOR FITTINGS
- BATTERY BACKUP ( OPTIONAL )
- REMOTE CONTROLS
- SITE GLASS
"LOOK FOR QUALITY, LOOK FOR PRICE, YOU'LL BUY SCHWEISS"
The Schweiss Red and Green Power manifold has a clean, crisp design. It features a polished finish, no exposed plumbing lines and a filter drainport that allows oil to drip back into the tank preventing messy oil puddles. Includes a filter clogging indicator showing when to change your filter element. 3000 PSI pressure gauge is standard and gives you the reading of the pump pressure used to open the door.
Auxiliary screw-on oil filter is easy to change. Best quality filter that protects the hydraulic pump from impurities. Oil filter / breather cap / filler port has a rich looking polished finish. Clean looking! The easy screw-on cap has a built-in screen to keep debris out; important when adding oil. Sight glass displays the oil level and temperature in the oil reservoir tank. Red Power hydraulic oil reservoir has a heavy-duty, long-lasting powder-coated tank with a drain plug.
SCHWEISS RED and GREEN POWER HYDRAULIC PUMP FEATURES:
Schweiss Doors has set new and higher standards in hydraulic pump development and safety features.
SCHWEISS ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:
The Red and Green Power pump/motor system from Schweiss Doors offers superior electrical components that stand leagues above others. Why? Our Red or Green Power motors come equipped with a stand-alone electrical control box. The unique design of the Red and Green Power motor system is designed with safe UL listed compo- nents. Plus, it’s composed of common components, standard in the electrical industry throughout the world. These electrical control boxes are also designed with ample space to safely house all required electrical components, such as contactors, transformers, relays, motor timers, rectifiers, and control fuses. Motor assemblies must be wired to National Electrical Code (NEC) standards.
Schweiss Doors uses top-quality heavy-duty, brand name LEESON motors, totally enclosed, fan cooled, with a common 56C face mount standard shaft size, powering a single gear-driven pump. Plus, these quality continuous-duty motors are safety-backed with fuses and overload protection.
THESE STANDARD FEATURES COME WITH EACH RED AND GREEN POWER HYDRAULIC MOTOR/PUMP SYSTEM:
Locks door up or down and holds the door safely in all positions.
Locks and holds the door in the closed position... Never creeps open.
The doors will lock up and hold if a hydraulic line bursts or leaks.
Doors operate evenly in either direction.
Allows you to safely lower door in an emergency from the ground level, no ladders needed.
Prevents thermal expansion in the cylinders. Releases excess pressure and oil back into the tank.
Hydraulic directional control valve has a built in manual override in case the coil burns out.
You can push the override on the valves to manually get the door to move in either direction.
Low voltage control stations... only 24 volts DC, safer working with low voltage!
Low voltage coils... lighted 24 volt DC coil connectors are safer to work around.
STANDARD BACK-UP SYSTEMS ARE ON ALL SCHWEISS HYDRAULIC DOORS:
Tractor fittings to raise or lower the door are standard on all Red Power hydraulic units from Schweiss
STANDARD EMERGENCY LOWERING:
Built in emergency lowering feature is standard on all Schweiss Doors. No tractor is needed in case of a power outage!
OPTIONAL DC BACKUP SYSTEM:
DC backup - Includes battery operation and drill-driven back-up.
Has its own auxiliary self-contained pump and motor!
MULTIPLE MOUNTING STYLES:
Complete stand-alone hydraulic unit can be placed anywhere in the building.
Hydraulic power unit can be placed under a workbench or anywhere in the room.
Wall mount - mount anywhere away from the door opening or even in another room.
With Schweiss you have options!
- Remote controls can be easily added at any time
UPGRADE EQUIPMENT- SCHWEISS "One-Piece" HYDRAULIC DOORS
Electric Photo Eye
Door Base Safety Edge
Warning Lights and Horns
Top Override Jiggle Switches
Remote Control Operated Doors
Multiple Emergency Backup Systems
- Each door comes prehung with its own frame.
- Bolted frame connection for shipping.
- No welding and easy to install.
- Pre-assembled, pre-welded and delivered prehung
with its frame.
- Building does not have to be made taller.
- Easy to install with detailed pictorial instructions.
- Heavy duty hinges included.
- Webbed external truss.
- Internal truss available at no extra cost.
- Self-contained power unit, easily placed anywhere
DEAD MAN CONTROL STATION... ONE STEP OPERATION
The door automatically stops when you take
your finger off the control station.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY DISCONNECT
Allows you to disable the door for service,
maintenance, and emergency backup operations.
INSTALLATION MANUALS PROVIDED WITH ALL
- The Hydraulic Install Manual has detailed instructions
with each door.
- Easy to install Safety Information and Operation
Manual. -The manual is designed to help you become
familiar with the safe and proper operation procedures
of your Schweiss Hydraulic Door, safety decals
placement guide manual.
- Included is a complete set of Safety Warning Decals to
be placed on your building and door.
FAST DOOR SPEED...
Hydraulic Door Speeds When Opening and Closing
- Cycle time: approximately 30 seconds.
- We can vary the speed of the door, just ask for it.
HYDRAULIC DOORS LOWER BUILDING COSTS AND SAVE HEADROOM
Self-Latching and holds the Door in Place.
- Hydraulic cylinders automatically pull the doors in tight against your building and will keep the door in a locked position
to provide a tight seal.
- Push a button to automatically lock and unlock the door to the closed position.
- The hydraulic pump has a built-in positive-hold valve that maintains and keeps the door locked in the closed position,
providing a constant weathertight seal.
MOUNTING STYLES - Includes Header Tub / Its Own Framework
Flush Mount... (H Style) Requires 5" Headroom. Each door comes prehung with subframe.
Outside Mount... (M Style) Lose No Headroom. Each door comes prehung with subframe.
ADDITIONAL WIND LOAD/GENERAL DESIGN CRITERIA
- Wind-loaded doors (to meet standard local codes).
- Engineer stamps available and approved in all 50 states.
PAINT FOR HYDRAULIC DOORS
Every Schweiss door is properly prepared for painting. The doorframe members and parts are finished with gray primer.
We offer matching touch-up paint to take care of any slight nicks or scratches.
- Custom paint jobs - Upon request, we will custom paint your door to match your building.
ALUMINUM GALVANIZED HYDRAULIC DOORS
Schweiss is ready to shift gears at any point. This is the key to our success, whether it be marketing, designing or creating new products. With this attitude and flexibility we have introduced new Aluminum galvanized doors. Call for special pricing.
A NAME YOU CAN TRUST
Manufacturing Doors Since 1980
We Do Doors, More Doors and Better!
DID YOU KNOW . . .
SOME FOLKS ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH THEIR HYDRAULIC DOOR SUPPLIER
- Problems getting their door
- Problems getting their door components
- Door was received, less the major components, hydraulic pumps and/or cylinders
- Paid the door deposit required to start the order and have been waiting and waiting
- Stopped taking calls
DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND LEARN MORE!
- Do they have a factory?
- Do they even manufacture their own doors?
- Do they seem too eager to take your deposit?
Some telltale signs - Examples
- If you call in and there's no sales person available to talk to you.
- If you call in and you are told " I'll have someone call you back. "
- If you call in and you only get voicemail.
- Is there a slow response to emails . . . or no response at all.
THE SCHWEISS WAY . . .
NO CUSTOMER'S LEFT BEHIND! We want to earn your business
- Call in . . . speak with a live salesperson
- Need a door quote ? . . . Get one immediately
- Have additional door questions that need to be answered ? . . . just call in !
- Delivery time estimated at 4-6 weeks
- Give Schweiss a call and we will answer 507-426-8273
LET SCHWEISS MANUFACTURE AND DELIVER YOUR NEXT DOOR!
GIVE SCHWEISS A TRY! WE PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED